Tennessee Logo Design
Studio 202 created this Tennessee Logo Design for the Town of Thompson’s Station. We designed the town’s brand around the historic train station which is now the Town Hall. Research involved determining the accurate L&N steam engine that ran the livestock from Thompson’s Station to Nashville back in the station’s hey day.
The logo is used on town entry point signage as well as license plates and other merchandise available in the Town Hall gift shop.
The first settlers arrived in what is now Thompson’s Station in the late 18th century. The community was originally known as “White House,” but changed its name to “Littlebury” in 1836 After the arrival of the railroad in 1855, Dr. Elijah Thompson donated land for a town and train station, and the community was thus renamed for him.
On March 5, 1863, during the Civil War, the Battle of Thompson’s Station was fought, with Confederate forces led by General Earl Van Dorn defeating Union forces under Colonel John Coburn.
The community voted to incorporate in August 1990. David Lee Coleman was chosen as the first mayor.